Tuesday, October 30, 2012

"What Does A Free Woman Look Like?"

Recently I read a post placed on Facebook by my prayer partner a girlfriend named Lisa.  She is such an amazing woman of God that has overcome so many personal challenges and always has a smile or encouraging word to offer.  Like many of us she is a mother, a professional, a minister, a daughter and a friend that always makes herself available to help others.  However, I am proud to announce that she is NOW doing something for herself and has made her own liberation the priority in her life. 

Below I have decided to repost her facebook message in her own words because I think that her personal TRUTH has the power to bring true liberation. I hope that her testimony blesses you like it did me this morning.  Freedom is not a state of being; it really is a choice! 

"So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed." John 8:36

Facebook Message from  my friend Lisa Yvette Jones

You know, for the first time in my adult life, I am free! I free of worry, free of doubt, free of children, I am free of stage 3 Cervical Cancer some 3+ years and forever, I'm divorced, I am 106 pounds lighter today than I was last year this time, my child, my blessed young man of valor, is in the university of his and God's choosing...I happen to love Drexel University as well, he is pursuing the academic discipline of choice, my career is booming, I traveled overseas for the first time in my life this year and have truly been bitten, on to China next September, my faith is even stronger, my joy is full and perpetual, my books are in the making, thank God...

 I am still in the making and I am embracing every moment of it...His making, the legacy of my mother, The late and Great Sister Queenie Victoria Thompson, lives on in me...her strength, her boldness, her determination, and yes... Her beauty lives on in me. This weekend, I decided to free my self of the weave and embrace the new crown of glory the Lord has blessed me with, I added a bit of me (the color)... Yes, in the words of girlfriend Toy Banks...dare to be "BOLD, CONFIDENT, and BEAUTIFUL!" 

So, hello world and look out, because you never know when this woman of freedom will step foot on your land in this great big world God has created. FB family, in this moment of transparency, it's time to really do me! How do you like me now!

What Does Freedom Look Like?
TOTAL SELF-ACCEPTANCE &  SELF-LOVE!!

Praise God for my friend, Lisa Yvette Jones, who has been healed, elevated, uplifted, transformed, fulfilled, redeemed, motivated, educated, inspired, refined, embraced, prepared, chosen, honored, rewarded, and restored!

No comments: