Well it's almost February and Black Love Day (aka Valentines Day) is almost here. Being the genuine "Love Ambassador" that I am....I have decided to put out a nationwide call for a Black Love Renaissance in 2010. That's right, I want to bring that blue-lights-in-the-basement-hugged-up-in-the-corner kind of Black Love back. Let me explain..........
- The kind of love that makes you want to cook your man some hand picked collard greens, fresh skillet fried corn, fried chicken dipped in buttermilk and then bake a 3-layer chocolate cake from SCRATCH!
- That kind of love that makes you sing a Luther song at the top of your lungs to your lover; even knowing darn well that you CAN'T sing.
- The kind of love that your man can stand across the room and give you that look which causes you to go get your purse, tell your friends bye and leave your OWN birthday party.
- The kind of love that will make you TURN-OFF the game during the play-offs (And yes, brothers this has been documented to have happened before. I know it's hard to believe, right? )
- The kind of love that makes you have flashbacks about the night before while you are in the middle of your presentation at work.
- The kind of love that makes you go in the closet/bathroom to call your girlfriend just to say, " I absolutely LOVE This Man!" (Some of y'all know exactly what I'm talking about)
- MOST IMPORTANTLY, the kind of love that makes you stop in the middle of whatever you are doing and PRAISE God for blessing you with your soul-mate.
#1. Dust off the albums and bring out the black love classics
#3. Please TOUCH each other more!
Stay tuned for A Black Love Renaissance Part II........